Evaluating an article you should keep in mind that criticism ought to be constructive and emotions should be left behind. To avoid insulting the author of the article, all your arguments have to be unbiased.
- Define basic criteria of an article assessment.
- Try to understand whether the author fully disclosed the article theme. If you aren’t an expert in this field, then you should study everything that had been written before. An interesting article should contain a fresh look on long existing issues.
- If you have detected error or mistakes, you must mention them in your report, especially in case of a scientific article. Do not be afraid of being meticulous: check numbers, quotes and tables.
- If you don’t understand something, do not be ashamed of asking for help. Do not skip unclear parts; figure out everything in order to receive a complete review.
- Pay attention to the article style. Is it hard for perceiving or not?
- Be concise. It is difficult to perceive a huge wealth of information.
- Giving a general review, do you best to highlight obvious advantages and then you can switch to its disadvantages.
- Be polite. Let the author know that you have no intention to insult him. Give valuable advice or tips on how to reveal the topic better. In that case, the author will take your remarks into consideration.
How to write an article review?
A review is analysis, assessment and judgment of any kind of work. Here are the basic requirements which are necessary for writing an article report:
- Provide brief information about the author of the article.
- Describe in detail your impressions, thoughts and emotions after reading the article.
- Emphasize strengths and weaknesses of the article using examples.
- Give a brief summary of positive elements.
- Be polite and tactful.
As you can see, it isn’t that difficult to write a good article review, but if you still find it challenging then article review writing services will definitely help you a lot. There are plenty of reliable writing service websites offering assistance in any kind of writing challenges.